Here i'm going to share my final-year college project "Wind-solar hybrid power generation model" that i've built and completed recently. the very basic outline of this project (or you can say the abstract) is that -The combination of power output from solar PV module and wind mill is being stored and utilized thru' a battery for a stand-alone system. This model also can be used in a grid-tie system with help of a moderate PCU(Power Converting Unit).
The Working Model
The working model of Wind-Solar hybrid power generation consists of a twin-turbine wind mill and a solar PV array(with two PV module). First i'm going to discuss about the Wind-mill.
Construction of Wind-Mill
Twin-Turbine Wind-Mill at Working condition
--powering a 6V LED Circuit
Voc of each turbine displaying on multimeter
Voc Testing of the turbine
- Here comes the next part : solar power. for solar power generation we used two 6V, 3Watts PV module.
- Connect them in series to get 12V DC output.
- Output of these two module will then feed to a 6V,5Ah lead-acid battery via a charger circuit.
- In this image you can see two solar PV module connected in series whose output are send to the charger circuit and the output of the charger circuit is connected to a 6V, 5Ah lead-acid battery.
- The details of the Charger Circuit provided in another post.Please go through it.Link is here-6V, 5Ah Lead-Acid battery Charger Circuit
Output of the Charger Circuit
The Whole system:
- Ouput of The lead-acid battery(which is charged by the solar array) is connected in series with the Wid-mill.
- output of this hybrid system is powering up a 6V LED lighting system.
Output of the Lead-Acid Batt.
Working Charger Circuit
The Lead-Acid Batt.
The 6V LED lightng board
Wind-Solar Hybrid Power Generation Model